Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 7 Tuesday 1/15/08 Year Four Dancer & Daedee






Hello Friends,

What a gorgeous day. It was -17 with the wind chill, but I assure you that the chills I felt were from the flu, not the weather. In fact, I still am suffering the chills--almost eight hours later. But the trip was worth the effort. It always is. That's why I go whether I feel good or not.

Besides, I'll get this flu bug out of my system and I should be good for a couple months. I prayed today that God would help me understand whether to continue on so early or wait another month when I had things in order. I have learned over and over, that God works in his time, not mine. I didn't think I was ready. He must have thought otherwise.


The day was filled with eagles! I found no one on Daedee and Dancer's nest one, Judy's and ? nest two, but nest three had an eagle perched in the distant rising sun. There was an eagle roadside between nest three and four. I think this may have been
Edward or Elaina. It was an older looking eagle. Worn beak, chipped up and completely at ease in the clicking of my camera
five hundred feet away.

I found two more eagles back by Judy's nest, both sitting in trees on the river. That could have been Daedee and Dancer, but I lean more to it being Judy and her mate.

As I went along my outdoor beat, I came upon five or six chickadee's who were busy ripping up the cattails. They were a fun subject to photograph.

I found the trumpeter swans in the same place since yesterday.

I guess on my drive back I was kind of hoping for an answer to jump out at me whether to continue on now or wait a month. When I got back to my gallery & studios the sign guy, of all people, didn't show up today, but I got an unexpected visit from the Reverend Rolland Walkes. I thought how God-like that timing was. The Reverend instead of my sign guy, same time, same place.

I had to send him away though. I told him we had the flu and I didn't want to expose him. He thanked me and said he would
stop back in a few days. I was very moved that he would take the time for this visit--at a time I needed to feel closer the Lord.

I'm looking forward to Day 8!

See you on the journey--

Lisa

No comments: